Wednesday, June 1, 2011

109. Malaysia 50 Sen 2009 Doubled Die

image 1: obverse and reverse of the coin

image 2: doubling of the A


      I try to put some distance between me and error coins, but apparently error coins miss me too much! Haha. Found this doubled die in my loose coins. Now I am only need to find a 1 sen and 10 sen to complete my Malaysia Bunga Raya series doubled die coins!

    In my opinion, this is a Type V doubled die. A pivoted hub doubling, which occurs when the working hub is not properly aligned with the working die during the hubbing process. It is quite similar with Class I (Rotated Hub Doubling) but with the pivot point is located around the rim.

    The doubling on this coin is strongest on one side of the coin, which is in this coin's case is at the 1 o'clock position, and having no doubling at the opposite direction, the 6 o'clock direction.

   Looking at the strength of the doubling, I think this is quite a monster!

   Click here to see my other DD coins.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mnfaj,
Nice DDR.
Looks like Nu got this one too.
Congratulations :)

Unknown said...

Huh!Now you got a "Double" A's coin.Congratulations!
Send for applying scholarship!Haha!

Iaryylr said...

Syabas! menarik error nie!

mnfaj said...

Hi whycollect,
Thank you, yes perhaps they are brothers. Haha.

mnfaj said...

Dickson, my doubled As here cannot challenge those students who get 20 As lah, sure cannot get scholarship. Haha

mnfaj said...

Hi iaryyls,
Terima kasih, ini pun secara kebetulan sahaja.

Post a Comment