Tuesday, February 15, 2011

62. Malaya and British Borneo 20 Cents 1961H Error - Clipped Planchet

image 1: the reverse and obverse of the coin
    
image 2: side view of the clipped part of the coin


Origin: Malaya and British Borneo
Date: 1961
Denomination: 20 Cents
Error Type: Clipped Planchet at 1 o'clock on reverse


        Just discovered this lovely error coin inside my friend's album. Eventhough his collection is small, but I am quite amazed to see a 1 Dollar of Straits Settlements 1907H in his possesion. And luckily I recheck his collection again, and to my suprise I found this clipped planchet error coin. I think this is quite scarce, because I haven't seen yet any clipped planchet error coins being offered for sale online and by dealers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mnfaj,
Suppose it is.
Interesting coin.
Thanks alot :)

mnfaj said...

Hi whycollect.
Thanks for visiting, this is indeed an interesting coin, especially when it comes at the most unexpected place.

Post a Comment