Monday, September 20, 2010

18. Malaya and British Borneo 1 Dollar 1953


   Hi all, Happy Eid Fitri, Happy Malaysia Day, and Happy Every Day I wish to all of my dearest reader out there.

   This is my collection of 1 Dollar note, bearing the face of probably the most famous queen in numismatic world, Queen Elizabeth. I had no doubt that she, or at least her portrait in this banknote, is beautiful.

   Having dimension of 121mm times 63mm, this note is still in good condition, maybe I can grade it as gEF. Printed by Waterlow & Sons Ltd, it was signed by W.C Taylor in probably 21/3/1953.

    Recently, I spend about 20 minutes examining the back of the note. Surely for me the back of this banknote is beautiful, with all 16 coat of arms spread symmetrically. And for that moment I realized why most collectors pursue only for UNC notes.

   This is my second banknote of this type. Anybody out there still missing this note?

0 comments:

Post a Comment