Thursday, May 31, 2012

DDV of Malaysia Coins

Officially return from long hiatus, holiday and honeymoon. :)

Just a short post to echo what blogger whycollect had posted some weeks ago.

Varieties create excitement in numismatic."

I had to be in complete agreement with him that varieties brings excitements to the collectors. I still remember the first time I discovered a DDR of 50 sen 2009 a year ago - one of my most pleasant moment in my collecting journey. =D

Among all DDV coins of Malaysia, my favourite still with this little cutey that I adopted from her biological father, blogger depankanta. =D

So here I share what I collect through out my absence. 


Figure 1: Three specimens of DDO 5 sen 2009

Figure 2: Reverse of a toned DDR 20 sen 2008

Figure 3: Reverse of a DDR 50 sen 2009 A

Figure 3: Reverse of a DDR 50 sen 2009 B


Poor that 20 sen DDR, of all 20 sen available, why you were the one chosen to be toned? Remind me of a damaged similar coin belongs to blogger whycollect. :-)

Most of these DD coins are still can be found among circulation coins - provided that you are aware of them and a little bit of luck.Who knows you can catch a UNC one?





DDV = Double Die Variety






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mnfaj,
Welcome back.
Its been a long time since we heard from you.
Wow, 2009 seems to be your lucky year.
So many DDVs, hehe.
Ya, funny about these coins.
Unless one is willing to pay premiums for them, looking for them sure depends on lots of luck together with the required knowledge.
Congratulations and hope you will be able to get more of these wonderful varieties :)

mnfaj said...

Hi whycollect,
Thank you. I can't wait to be back, especially after seeing so many interesting coins posted by fellow bloggers.

Cheers to those who loves DDV! :D

Post a Comment